Sunday, December 30, 2007

Brands We Love/Hate


Copyright gapinvoid.com

Brands We Love/Hate

by Brand Identity Guru (BIG) Scott White
from his branding blog

Here’s a list of consumer brands that I absolutely will avoid at all costs (and most likely never will sign as a client). Mostly these brands offend me in some way or make me feel bad. And we all know that branding boils down to making people feel good.


The Bad!

Wal-Mart; Southwest Airlines; Northwest Airlines; American Express; Burger King; Magellan; New York Yankees.

The Good!

Tweeter; Amazon; iRobot; Target; Jet Blue; Coca Cola; Apple; BMW’s Mini Cooper; NetFlix; ESPN.


A sample of S.White's good taste:

Coca Cola: What can I say? I don’t drink Pepsi, that’s for sure. It’s almost like I’m programmed. Diet Coke please. The leader of all leaders.
Google: They will eventually own the world. Their culture is second to none.
Apple: Pure genius.

Read All



No comments: